« Home | Last Chance » | Blocking The Doorway » | Tatoos » | Communication Without Connection » | Spiritual Ultrasound » | Charming And Sweet » | Cherry Coke And Nestle Crunch » | What On Earth... » | Badly In Need Of YOUR Tefillos! » | Student Forever »

Burning And Building

Today I saw something beautiful in the sefer Mishmar Levi on Temurah in the name of the son of the Brisker Rov: It says in the Gemara in Taanis that we fast on the 17th of Tammuz for a number of reasons. One of them is that a certain Greek ruler named Apostomos burned a Sefer Torah. But wait a second! Every word of Torah we learn is a mitzva [Vilna Gaon] so when we read this Gemara we are rewarded for learning Torah!!

So Apostomos tried to burn the Torah and in the end he created more Torah!!

Vinahafoch Hu!!

They tried to destroy and in the end they build!! I often think of this idea as I watch our "cousins" toiling day and night to build the JEWISH STATE for the JEWS!!

May all evil be speedily transformed into good!!

Love and Blessings!!


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile