« Home | Transcending Death » | In The Beginning... » | Just You » | Together Forever » | A Shiur Opposite The Kotel » | A Hug From Above » | Backwards Or Forwards? » | Your Friend's Mom » | From Cold To Hot » | Holy Matrimony »

Now Is The Time!

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst."

William Penn

According to the Sforno and Vilna Gaon the very first thing Hashem created was TIME. "Bereishis bara Elokim" - [First] He created the beginning. Before creation time didn't exist.

One of the biggest problems in modern society is that people have so much free time and don't know how to use it properly. Chazal say that one should do teshuva ONE DAY before death but since he doesn't know when that day is - he should do teshuva today.
This means that we should live every day as if it is our last!! If we do that, our time wil not be wasted and we can meet out Maker as Avraham Avinu did - "ba bayomim" - he came will all of his days completely taken advantage of [I don't think I am allowed to end a sentence with the word "of", but my high school English teacher died long ago - and took her red pen with her, so I will allow myself the pleasure. One more time! Of. That was fun!].

The pasuk says "Vi'ata" - and now. Chazal explain "Vi'ain ata ela lashon teshuva" - "Now" denotes teshuva. Don't wait until tomorrow - today will then be gone forever.

Love and blessings sweetest friends!!!


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile