« Home | Backwards Or Forwards? » | Your Friend's Mom » | From Cold To Hot » | Holy Matrimony » | Actions Speak Louder Than ..... » | Want It » | Mussar From Reb Will » | Holiness Of Speech » | A War Has Broken Out! » | ....U'tzedaka - Ma'avirim Es Roa Hagzeira »

A Hug From Above

His left is under my head and his right hugs me. – King Solomon, Song of Songs.

Your left should push away and your right should bring close. – The Talmud Sanhedrin.


The high holy days are the left – we push ourselves away and tell G-d how far we have strayed. We have to think in a deep way how distant we are from Him. "Under my head" – deep in my mind, I realize how distant I am. But the left hand is weaker than the right hand. So we are not lost G-d forbid! The right hand of Hashem comes and HUGS US!!!

That is the Succah. Hashem invites us into His home after we have undergone the purification process of Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur.

THAT is the paradox. The moment we realize how far we are from kedusha – we become close again.

Sweetest friends – we have a herculean task ahead of us. We must be happy for 8 consecutive days, for every second of every day. But we can be successful, knowing that Hashem LOVES us and desires our closeness.

Chag Sameach!!!

Based on the sefer Likkutei Torah of the Alter Rebbe ztz"l.


A shiur you may enjoy, here


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile