« Home | Human Sacrifice » | Coke - And Cellphones » | Eating Hekdesh » | Open Mindedness » | Fun » | Refuah Shleimah » | Shidduchim - Debunking A Myth » | The Solution To The Shidduch Crisis » | A Special Man » | With Tu B'av and wedding season coming up, one may... »

Love And Self-Satisfaction

"Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you."

Wayne Dyer


In my life I have almost NEVER seen an instance of the true love expressed in the opening quote. What I HAVE seen is people who impose their own desires upon the object of their "love" and attempt to make that person into someone they are not.

Sad? Indeed. Is my assessment accurate? I can't be sure, but like any good sportscaster "I call 'em as I see 'em". I often observe parents [and teachers] trying to create children in their own image - and this prevents the child from fulfilling his own special potential.

Sweetest Friends - try to think of a person you love and develop a strategy to try to help that person become who he [or she] truly is. I can think of no greater act of kindness.

Conformity - like money and good looks - is HIGHLY overrated.

Love and blessings!


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile