« Home | Unconditional Love » | Gaining Control » | Love And Self-Satisfaction » | Human Sacrifice » | Coke - And Cellphones » | Eating Hekdesh » | Open Mindedness » | Fun » | Refuah Shleimah » | Shidduchim - Debunking A Myth »

Hug An Inmate

A maaseh to express the idea we talked about in the last post based on the book Holy Brother. [I read it many years ago so you can check it up to get the exact details.]

Reb Shlomo Carlebach once gave a concert in a prison. At the end of the concert he hugged every prisoner. When he finished he turned his back and started to walk out. Then, a BIG, SCARY-LOOKING BLACK MAN started running after him. "Yo, Rabbi, wait."

Reb Shlomo was afraid. What does he want? Maybe to break him into ten pieces? He turned around and the covict said "Rabbi, can I have another hug?"

After they embraced the man said sadly "You know, if I'd have gotten that as a child I probably wouldn't be here today."


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile