« Home | Don't Fear » | Keeping Perspective » | Small Man Arriving In Big Country » | Arms And Brains » | Big Day » | Let Go » | More Responsibility » | Kefirah On The Internet » | G-d Pays You Back » | True Friendship »

Waldo's Wisdom

Every man I meet is in some way my superior.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

[What were his parents THINKING when they gave him the middle name "Waldo"?]

The new year has begun in Yeshiva. The job of the teachers is to educate by word and by example. One mistake I believe that many educators make, is to think that they are superior to their students. Of course they have a lot to offer the students but they must NEVER lose sight of the fact that every student is the teacher's superior in some way. Not just in order to make the student feel good which will inspire him to further improve and grow but because it is TRUE.

As Reb Elimelech Milezhinsk prayed: Yehi ratzon shenire maalas chavereinu vi'lo chesronam - We should see our friends superior qualities and not their faults.

If you want to jump out of your socks, see the Ramban in Parshas Shemos [4/13] on the pasuk "shelach na biyad tishlash".

Love and blessings!!


For some great shiurim on Chassidus from my friend Rav Moshe Tzvi Weinberg - click the word peyos.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile