« Home | Mareh Mikomos » | Shiur On Purity During The Summer [And Winter!] » | Traffic Violations » | The Essence Of A Gadol » | The Insides » | Consolation » | An Act Of Concern For A Stranger » | Avoiding Temptation » | Not "In A Second" - But "This Second" » | From So Far - Until So Close »

Warning: Don't Read If You Dislike Puns!

Sweetest friends! Chazal tell us in Pirkei Avos that there are 48 ways to acquire Torah. One of them is "Miyut Schok". One must laugh a little in order to acquire Torah! I recently learned a Yiddish expression - "Lachen is gezunt, doctoirin heisen lachen" - Laughing is healthy, doctors hate laughter.

So laugh, be healthy - and then learn.

This has been circulating [sent to me by my punny priend - Corey Adler]:

1. The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.

3. She was only a whisky maker, but he loved her still.

4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.

6. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

7. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.

9. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.

10. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

12. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

13. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other, 'You stay here, I'll go on a head.'

14. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

17. A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.

19. The short fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.

20. The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.

21. A backward poet writes inverse.

23. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile