« Home | Please Help! » | Flying Pudding » | Turtles And Commandments » | Live It » | The Death Of god [lower case g] » | Lechem Oni » | Thoughts On Fire » | Elevated Giving » | Maschilim Bi'gnus?! » | Cumulative Effect »

First Born

"B'nee Bichoree Yisroel" - The Jewish People are my first born.

The Torah


You can only have one first born child. You may love all your children deeply and with passion, but there is something unique about the first born.

Raymond E. Feist


Tomorrow is Taanis Bechorim. Strange. Normally, on a regular fast day, when I break my fast I have to continue fasting. But on Erev Pesach by virtue of the siyum the bechorim may eat not only as part of the siyum but ALL DAY. I would say - have a seuda after the siyum but fast the rest of the day. Why does the Shulchan Aruch say differently??

See the brilliant answer of the Shu"t Eretz Tzvi in Simman 79 and the comments of Rav Frank in Mikraei Kodesh Vol. 2 Page 83.

Love and blessings!!


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile