« Home | Riches And Honor » | Bless You » | A Question For Those With A "Head On Their Shoulders" » | The Precondition For All Spiritual Growth » | Humble And Happy » | The Power Of A Jewish Soul » | What We Are Doing Here » | No More Rationalizations » | Can't Fool The Ribbono Shel Olam » | Judaism »

Walking The Walk

Please sing with me: "Don't walk in front of me I may not follow, don't walk behind me I may not lead, just walk beside me and be my friend and together we will walk in the way of Hashem."

In Parshas Noach it says that "Noach walked WITH G-d" [Es HaElokim hishaleich Noach]. About Avraham Avinu it says that he was commanded to "walk BEFORE G-d" [17,1]. It also says that we are commanded to "walk AFTER G-d" [Devarim 13,5].

What's up??

"Walking with G-d" means that you are doing what G-d requires according to the level of your generation. In Noach's generation they were evil - in comparison, Noach was a Tzaddik. He walked WITH G-d.

Avraham was keeping the Torah BEFORE it was given. He prepared the world for the giving of the Torah. He was a man who was ahead of his time. Avraham walked BEFORE G-d.

Today, we are living loooong after the time the great event of Matan Torah at Sinai. [What did Moshe say when he got to the top of Mount Sinai? Wow, this looks like a great place place for a hospital.] All we can hope for is to walk AFTER G-d.

But sweetest friends, remember, the most important thing is that no matter what - G-d is in the picture.

[Based on Rav Kook in his Midbar Shoor]

Good Shabbos, Good Shabbos


PLEASE DAVEN AND SAY TEHILLIM FOR 2 VERY SICK BABIES: MIRAIM RIVKA BAS ADINA LEAH, AHARON YEHUDA BEN DEVORA SARAH. THANK YOU!

For an approach to the questions about Rashi that I posed in a previous post, you can listen to two shiurim on YUTORAH.ORG Parshas Noach.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Kvod harav, a typo slipped into the name of Aharon Yehuda ben Devora Sarah

how are the babies doing?

Post a Comment


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile