« Home | Giving Generously » | Taking Advantage Of Our Freedom To Choose » | The Source Of Happiness » | When Pure Becomes Impure » | A Jew Went Off The Derech And - Unhappy Ending » | I Am Rich! I Must Be Righteous Too » | Hear Ya Loud And Clear - But Is That Enough? » | Not Childs Play » | Party Hearty » | Kohen Gadol Can't Leave - Why Not? - Answer »

A Tikkun For A Common Sin

We have a tradition that in the time before the coming of Moshiach [today] the sin of hotzaás shichvas zera livatala will become very commonplace. There will be virtually nobody who is free of this sin. The way to fix this is to immerse in mikve. The gemara in Nidda [13] teaches that the Mabul came because of this sin so when one immerses in mikve it is like a mabul and constitutes an atonement.

Another way to atone is to learn Torah which is called by the Rambam "Mei Da'as" - The Waters of Knowledge.

The most important thing is not to get down on yourself. The biggest sin is despair!

[See Tzidkas Hatzaddik 107, 109]


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile