« Home | The Source Of Happiness » | When Pure Becomes Impure » | A Jew Went Off The Derech And - Unhappy Ending » | I Am Rich! I Must Be Righteous Too » | Hear Ya Loud And Clear - But Is That Enough? » | Not Childs Play » | Party Hearty » | Kohen Gadol Can't Leave - Why Not? - Answer » | Haunted » | Avrohom Dovid Moses HY"D »

Taking Advantage Of Our Freedom To Choose

Why are Jews so enamored with the concept of "Bechira Chofshis"?

Because it's free.....

The Rambam [Hilchos Teshuva 5/1] says two things. 1] A man has a choice to be a righteous person. That means that he can do the right and virtuous thing in any given situation or the opposite. 2] He also has a choice whether to harness his nature for good or bad. We are not prisoners of our psyche. [Sefer Litshuvos Hashanah on the Rambam]

If we are aware of the fact that at every moment we choose between good and bad [even though we might not be aware], we are more likely to make the right choices.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile