« Home | The Pesach Remains In The Alleyways Of Jerusalem » | Love #4 - Apologies » | New Shiurim » | I Could - Therefore I Am » | What The Universe Was Busy With This Week » | Animal Rights - The Answer » | Over 127 Million Reasons To Be Thankful » | Love #3: One But Seperate » | Animal Rights » | For Posterity: The Nafka Mina »

I Could - Therefore I Am : The Answer

Every Jew is obligated to keep the Shabbos. This individual has just not yet accepted this obligation upon himself. He is thus considered obligated enough to enable him to make kiddush for his friend who has accepted upon himself the sanctity of Shabbos.

However there is no obligation for a Jew who lives in Israel to move to Chutz L'aretz. Therefore he is not considered obligated [even potentially] in the mitzvos of the second day of Yom Tov. That is the reason that a Jew who lives in Israel cannot make Kiddush on the second day of Yom Tov for a Jew who lives outside the land.

Rav Chaim Pinchas Scheinberg and beisrunner [I LOVE the name] in the comments section.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile