« Home | A Sad Night In Jerusalem » | When It Hurts » | "I Hope I Get An Upgrade On My Flight To Israel" » | Angry People » | Newly Posted Audio Shiurim » | Safedian Inconsistency » | Know Thine Enemy » | He Is A Really Neat Guy Etc. - Answer, Compliment... » | Belief #6 - Reading Apikorsus » | Mitzvos Matter »

Torah And Tefillah

The Gemara [Niddah 70] teaches that there are two ingredients to success in Torah study. 1] Study Hard 2] Pray hard that your study bears fruit.

Torah and prayer are interdependent. That is why King David - the author of tehillim, the classical text of prayer - was born on Shavuous, the day of the giving of the Torah.

Torah and prayer descended from heaven in tandem.

[Heard from Rav Moshe Shapiro Shlita]


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile