« Home | If The Rambam Makes Sense - Why Doesn't He Make Sense » | Don't Take Yourself Lightly - Everything Is For You! » | Y???????????? » | I Am Pro-Choice [With A Thought On Independence On... » | Finding Truth » | Yitzi, The Chosson, is Gadol Hador. Rivki, The Kal... » | When Big Bucks Are At Stake -The Answer » | Second Hand Spiritual Impurity » | When Big Bucks Are At Stake » | I Don't Want To Be Reuvain!! - Now I Understand! »

Y?????????????? I'll Tell You Why [See the post entitled Y??????]

There is a Talmudic principle that states that when one appoints his friend an agent, the agents deeds count only if he acted in accordance with the wishes of the sender."Ltkunee shadarteecha v'lo lĂ­vusi".

The Rabbi who makes the bracha on the wine under the chuppah is making the bracha on behalf of the Chosson and Kallah. If he makes a shehakol that is not a proper fulfillment of the wishes of the Chosson and Kallah. They sent him to make a borei pri hagofen! Hence in this situation a second bracha is called for. [Unlike a regular case where the shehakol would suffice.]

A VERY clever insight. [Thank you Rabbi Frank]


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile