« Home | A B C One Two Three - The Answer » | "He's Is A Really Neat Guy.....Woops I Take It Bac... » | Sweeter Than Honey!!! » | A,B,C, One Two Three » | A Risky Endeavor » | Audio Shiur Updates » | How C.B.S. N.B.C. And A.B.C. Found Their Way Into... » | A sicha of chizzuk was recently given about how to... » | If The Rambam Makes Sense - Why Doesn't He Make Se... » | Mysteriously Disappearing Shiurim - Where Is Sherl... »

Mitzvos Matter

What happens when we fulfill a mitzva?

The Zohar teaches that there are 248 positive commandments which correspond to our 248 limbs and 365 negative commandments which correspond to our body's 365 sinews.
The practical implication is that every time I do a mitzva the G-dliness that inheres in that mitzva permeates its corresponding limb or sinew. Our body thus becomes a repository for the Divine.

A mitzva is no small matter.

[See the commentary of the Ohr Hachaim Hakadosh on Vayikra 18/4]


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile