« Home | An Issue That Has Been Bugging Me » | Inspired Too » | Katchkes » | Nissan Quest - 5767 » | Making Sure Augustus Marries A Holy Jewish Girl » | When Punctuality Pays Off » | Curing Insomnia » | Going Krazy With Kiruv » | When Hearing Aids - An In Depth Look » | It's Only A Niggun »

We Are Still Here

Today a friend quoted to me a famous line of Mark Twain :"Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

This reminded me of the Jewish people. We say in the Hagada שלא אחד בלבד אלא שבכל דור ודור עומדים עלינו לכלותינו והקב"ה מצילנו מידם - Not only ONE but in every generation they try to destroy us and Hashem saves us from their hand! Wow! And the Hagada was compiled over a thousand years ago - and what we have seen since then. They really DO try to destroy us in every generation.

The Sfas Emes learns a little bit differently: Shelo echad bilvad - Only the fact that we are not united [!!} is what threatens to destroy us in every generation.

My sweetest friends!! Hashem wants to send Mashiach. He is just waiting for us to be worthy. And Eliyahu HaNavi teaches in Sefer Tanna D'Bei Eliyahu that the moment we truly love each other, Mashiach is here.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile