« Home | Yaale Viyavo In Major And Minor Jewish Venues » | A G-dly Perspective » | Passover Preparation » | Much News That Is Not Fit To Print » | "Did You Hear?" » | Riddle-In: A Riddle Designed To Keep People Focuse... » | Stayin' Alive ["Niggun" from the 70's] - The Torah... » | Riddle-In: A Riddle Designed To Keep People Focuse... » | It's Cool When Your Clothing Matches Your Tzitzis » | What's Up Mon? »

Spiritual Guidance

One of the main lessons I try to impart to the young men and women with whom I learn is the importance of having a Rebbe. The reason many people are detached from spirituality is because they are detached from a spiritual guide. The converse is also true. Those attached to Ruchniyus only achieved their heights thanks to the guidance and inspiration of a Rebbe.

It sounds like a Chassidic idea - but what can I do if Judaism is Chassidic. [To those who might accuse me of having a Chassidic bias making me unable to be purely objective, I plead guilty!]

Today we read in the Torah that Moshe set up his tent outside the camp and anyone who searched for G-d went to the tent. The Yerushalmi points out that the pasuk doesn't say "anyone who searched for Moshe" went to the tent. Rather anyone who searched for "G-D" went to the tent. From this we learn, explains the Gemara, that anyone who receives the countenance of his Rebbe it is as if he received the countenance of G-d. [Eruvin Perek 5 Halacha 1].

And if you want to see something REALLY wild check out the Zohar in Parshas Bo [38 a].

Whoa!!!!! [Can't tell you what it says. Self-Censorship.]


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile