« Home | Are You Involved?? » | Parnassa » | Spiritual Guidance » | Yaale Viyavo In Major And Minor Jewish Venues » | A G-dly Perspective » | Passover Preparation » | Much News That Is Not Fit To Print » | "Did You Hear?" » | Riddle-In: A Riddle Designed To Keep People Focuse... » | Stayin' Alive ["Niggun" from the 70's] - The Torah... »

Even The Angels Were Crying

This morning was one of the saddest mornings of my life. I witnessed the burial of a young man, a son, brother, husband, father and personal friend. But above all - a Tzaddik. Before the funeral I was thinking how I could best characterize R' Dovid Yamnick. I kept thinking "Mentsch". He was the consummate Mentsch. Above and beyond his mentschlichkeit he was also a yarei shomayim, Kovea itim l'Torah etc. etc. Unfortunately there are many who keep the mitzvos but lack the basic mentschlichkeit. But R' Dovid had it all. Not only Torah but also derech ertz shekadma l'Torah. Everyone liked him. It was impossible not to. In fact I see I am not alone in my perception because one of his Rabbeim who eulogized him expressed the same thoughts.

I loved you R' Dovid and I hope I can be more like you were. Selfless, caring, unassuming and modest. I have so much to learn from you.

R' Dovid also knew how to choose his friends. His friends showed such dedication to him throughout his illness. They deserve a great Yashar Koach!! Not to mention his unbelievable wife and devoted family. Such fine people. Like R' Dovid.

R' Dovid was niftar on Shabbos Parshas Parah. The Parsha that talks about the purification of the Jewish people. I don't think it was a coincidence.

There was no Neshama as pure as that of R' Dovid Yifrach ben Tuvia, zecher tzaddik l'vracha. I could write more but my eyes are flooded with tears and I can barely see the computer screen.

Yehi Zichro Baruch.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile