« Home | Part 2 - What is in a name » | But life can throw you a lot of curveballs!! » | An Unparalleled Spiritual Epidemic! » | The Rambam Qualifies! » | WE WANT MOSHIACH - NOW OR GRADUALLY? » | Dying To Teach Torah » | Happy New Year! » | To Love Somebody » | Meir'ke » | The Holy Tolna Rebbe Comes To Netiv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! »

I find it difficult to rely on the Manhattan Eruv

The reason is that I consistently spend Shabbos in Jerusalem. It is very hard to carry in Manhattan while in Jerusalem!

However in the latest Commentator [Y.U.'s student newspaper] there is a shocking revelation. One of Rav Soloveitchik's close students said that the Rov held that Manhattan is a reshus harabbim min hatorah meaning that it is impossible to build an eruv - rendering the present eruv invalid. The reason it is so shocking is that [if I am not mistaken] none other than the Rov's students are the driving force behind the eruv.

So there are a number of possibilities. 1 - They differ with their Rebbe. 2 - He never said it. [Unlikely because we must assume the person who reported the psak is an honest individual.] 3 - He changed his mind.

If someone can clarify this for me I would appreciate it.

What wasn't shocking was that he was stridently opposed to woman's hakafos.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile