« Home | I find it difficult to rely on the Manhattan Eruv » | Part 2 - What is in a name » | But life can throw you a lot of curveballs!! » | An Unparalleled Spiritual Epidemic! » | The Rambam Qualifies! » | WE WANT MOSHIACH - NOW OR GRADUALLY? » | Dying To Teach Torah » | Happy New Year! » | To Love Somebody » | Meir'ke »

I Am In Love !!

With the Sfas Emes.

I pick up the sefer to learn it and I can't put it down!! A real page turner. A thriller. Today the fifth of Shvat is his yartzheit. His Holy Neshama climbs higher and higher in the heavens.

There is nothing more appropriate for his yartzheit than to learn his Torah. So if you are a man [or woman] who is not afraid of getting too close to Hashem open up your copy and LEARN. Or - go to the Parsha section and listen to the Sfas Emes classes of one of his students students students student [i.e. yours truly].

One quick thought from his commentary on Pirkei Avos. "Shimon the son of Rabban Gamliel said - All of my life I have lived amongst the Wise and I have found nothing better for the body than silence."

The Mishna is saying that one has a choice. His bodily desires can dominate or his spiritual yearnings can be at the helm. From Rabbi Shimon we learn that one should silence their bodily desires and allow their Soul to dominate and determine the course of their life.

In our materialistic society how fitting is this message!!

With Love and Friendship,

Elchanan ben Henna Miriam


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile