« Home | Please Help Me:The Nineorolopolokopogy » | Please Help Me:The Eightonpology » | Vacation Time » | Softball Games On Tisha Báv » | Connected to the Above: Part 2 » | Connected to the Above » | Please Daven » | Divine Revelation » | Please Help Me-The Seventholosopopogy » | Please Help Me-The Sixolopogy »

Please Help Me:The Tenskomoskopy

In shemoneh esrei we say מלך עוזר ומושיע ומגן.

In עזרת אבותינו we say אתה הוא מגן ומושיע - what happened to the עוזר [if you think about it for a minute you will figure out the answer]? And why is the מגן before the מושיע?

Please help (עוזר!!) me.

While this is no doubt an important question, I think that at the same time there is a larger point being overlooked: why is the order in שמונה עשרה itself מלך עוזר ומושיע ומגן? That in itself might be the key to understanding the different nuances between ברכות ק"ש and אבות.
Hundreds of דברי תורה could no doubt emerge from just the ordering of ש"ע itself (e.g., מגילהdeals with the larger placement of the ברכות).

I'm guessing that "magen" has to be last because it alludes to the conclusion, "magen avraham".

And of course "ezrat" substitutes for "ozer" in Ezrat Avoteinu.

Post a Comment


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile